Thursday, April 11, 2013

Through the high desert to Paradise

Along the drive to Las Vegas was Baker, California, home of the world's largest thermometer. There was also a place called Mad Greek that sold gyros and falafels 24 hours a day.

Mad Greek had two Level 8 Enlightened portals. I felt it was my duty to take them down. They were also linked to the thermometer and somewhere else in the distance. It turns out that somewhere else was the Huntington Beach post office. Significantly far away.

When I took over the Level 8 Thermometer portal, I broke a link to the Los Angeles Arboretum. The LA Resistance were very grateful for the service I provided them today.

I was just about to take over the Alien Jerky portal when a local Enlightened agent (NeoDaNeenjah) said hello on Comm. I decided to leave him the one unlinked Level 8 portal and left. I was pleasantly surprised by the thanks I got for destroying the links by chance helping out some of the folks that I met at USC last week.

We got to Vegas and checked in to our hotel for the night. We took a brief nap and had dinner.

We stopped off so that I could capture the freshly linked green portal at the Pinball Hall of Fame. I was happy to see that they had an operable Attack From Mars, my favorite machine. I plucked in 75 cents and saved France and Germany from Martian invasion racking up a 1.5 billion point score, then taking the Ingress portal.

I destroyed the Enlightened resonators on the MGM Grand Lion and got some supplies while hacking along the ride up the strip to our hotel. Sadly most of the portals were on the opposite side of the strip or we were moving too fast to really take advantage but we have two more days here if we get adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment