Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I used to be a kickass Ingress agent until I took a telephone maintenance grate to the knee...

On Monday morning, after a full weekend in Los Angeles with an injured knee, I tried to go to the doctor's office.

My wife took me to his office to find that there were no morning appointments available until Tuesday. I opted to take the Tuesday morning appointment and head into work via Muni train.

I got to work okay with no real issue except for morons on the train that kept bumping into my leg even though I had chosen a corner seat seemingly away from everyone.

The work day was pretty difficult. Even having my leg propped up on a short cabinet didn't really help. By the time I took BART and the bus home, I was in a great deal of pain.

I wasn't looking forward to Tuesday's appointment with the doctor at all.

I slept a lot on Monday and we got to the doctor's office and he poked and prodded my knee a bit and said that he was surprised but my kneecap appeared to be intact. The damage was just a lot of blood clots above and below the left side of my knee. He sent me for an X Ray just to be safe.

I was glad to hear that there was likely no permanent damage and it would just take another week or two to heal.

I got my X Rays done at California Pacific Medical Center. The registration lady was extra nice when I told her who my employer was. I got a series of X Rays and was home before noon. My wife headed to work and I spent pretty much the whole day writhing in pain as my knee slowly heals.

The good news is that the X Rays confirmed that there is no fracture and I am slowly on the road to recovery.

On Wednesday morning, we departed once more for Los Angeles for a concert in Pomona and then a drive to Las Vegas on Thursday.  I captured some Ingress portals in the terminal at SFO and took advantage of preboarding due to the knee injury. 

We got from LAX to Pomona pretty quickly, only stopping so that I could capture the Randy's Donuts portal, using the carpool lanes the whole way.  I captured the Historic Fox Theater portal while in Pomona.

After the concert, I tried to play Ingress and farm the Level 7 portals in the area from the passenger seat but there were cops everywhere so we gave up and came home, lest be questioned by them for playing a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment