Friday, April 12, 2013

Breaking an Ingress Treaty at UNLV

I started with 953044AP when we left for the UNLV Paradise Campus. I had noticed that it was all green, low level and heavily linked. I saw rumblings in the Comm channel that some guys were thinking of tearing it down and I decided to beat them to it.

My wife was my war driver. By car, I quickly gained 20000AP taking out the links on one side of campus. 

We circled to the other side of campus and I couldn't reach the majority of the links while parked. I decided to hobble a bit and kill the links on foot.

While walking across campus a couple yelled "Happy Ingressing" and I yelled back "Thanks" and kept going. I was on a mission. I got 30000AP more and over 1000000 total points cumulative from taking out the rest of the links.

On the way back the guy from the couple stopped me.

"So is the treaty done, is this it?"

To which I responded "What treaty?"

"This is supposed to be a low level farm area and I noticed you deployed some Level 4 and 5 resonators. That violates the treaty."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I'm from San Francisco."

"I thought you must be from out of town. Welcome to Las Vegas. I'm Chris (in game name morannon). My wife and I are maintaining the farm and a couple of the students keep throwing high level stuff on it."

His wife came over, her name was Yvette (in game name Harmy). They explained that both sides used the farm for leveling and for low level gear. 

They didn't mind me knocking it down and were happy because it would get them to Level 6 tonight. They just didn't want my incident to bring out local drama.

I apologized and explained that I only deployed one resonator so they cold quickly take each portal back but I really need the AP to get to Level 8.

They smiled and suggested I farm the Strip and come back tomorrow and knock it down again.

It felt like when I met Moschops at Jack London Square again, so welcoming. But these were supposed to be my nemesis in the game.

I checked the farm, most of my stuff was taken down and I hope they hit Level 6.

My wife took me up and down the majority of the strip and I hacked which portals I could before we stopped off at the Luxor and I captured the Sphinx/Luxor portal.

We got an awesome photo with it and I ended my Ingress day with 1008000AP.

No comments:

Post a Comment