Sunday, April 14, 2013

Caesar's Palace and Las Vegas Ingress

Yesterday was our last real day of vacation in Las Vegas.

We visited Caesar's Palace on the strip.  One of the reasons I was there was to play some Ingress. I got around 20000AP throughout our day and would have earned more had there not been a giant blue triangle covering the city.

Several of the portals were indoors so I hacked those while we headed for our next destination, Serendipity3, a restaurant famous for their Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. I got more portals outside while we waited for my wife to get a text message that our table was ready.

After a tasty dessert, we headed south to have dinner in Henderson and stopped off at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign and took a quick photo. I hacked the portal three times and didn't yet get a portal key. I figured I would try again on the way back.

On the way back, I got the Welcome to Las Vegas sign portal key. I have found portal keys to be very cool souvenirs from places we travel. My favorites from this trip were Randy's Donuts in Los Angeles, The Historic Fox Theater in Pomona, Real Alien Jerky in Baker and the MGM Grand Lion from Las Vegas. I have USC and UNLV keys from campuses we visited and Pea Soup Andersen's windmill from last week, a bunch of Hollywood and Universal keys from previous trips and the London Eye from a trade.

This morning we headed home.  I hacked and captured a couple of portals in the baggage claim area after we got back to SFO.  

No comments:

Post a Comment